Translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1

 

The Second letter 

of 

St. Peter

 Chapter 1




1. Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith as precious as ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2. May grace and peace be yours in abundance in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.




(The second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verses 1 to 2)




Oh God my Father indeed my faith in You and Your faith in me is the most precious gift in the world that money can never buy. I treasure our relationship oh God my Father more than all the knowledge in the world for me it, is even more precious than life itself Amen. I thank You, my Father, for such a gift Amen.




3. His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4. Thus he has given us, through these things his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature. 5. For this very reason, you must make every effort to support your faith with goodness and goodness with knowledge, 6. and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with endurance and endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with mutual affection, and mutual affection with love.



(The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verses 3 to 7)




Oh God my Father here the apostle has hit one of my weak areas, for I am very weak in self-control. In this area, I am in need of alot of training and testing so that my endurance will become stronger Amen.


In order to achieve self-control my God and  Father is to learn how to feel, think and behave like You. An important question to ask in a given situation is "What would God do, think and feel in the given situation? How would he behave if He was in such a situation? In order to programme our brains to think on these guidelines, we need to be familiar with the Word of God in order to see how Jesus behaved as a human while still being the Son of God and God. For more details I invite You to click on the following link:-



God and self-control




8. For if these things are yours and are increasing among you, they keep you from being ineffective and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9. For anyone who lacks these things is nearsighted and blind, and is forgetful of the cleansing of past sins.



(The Second Letter of St. Peter verses 8 to 9)




Oh God my Father I thank You for making me aware of the possible sources that may act as blockages between us, for it makes sense that if I let myself behave according to the flesh I may be under the impression that I am living according to Your will but in truth I will be living an alienated life away from You Amen. 




10. Therefore, brothers and sisters, be all the more eager to confirm your call and election, for if you do this, you will never stumble. 11. For in this way, entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly provided for you. 




(The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verses 10 to 11)




Oh God, Your calling is the most important even, that ever took place in my life. It is a moment that I treasure all my life, even though there were some who tried to discredit it by reducing it to be only a dream. Even though the calling was not for the priesthood as I thought it was I still thank You and bless Your name. Amen. I thank You for giving me this new vocation that of spreading the message of the 'Good News' around the globe via the internet. I thank You for making me an apostle and witness of these times Amen and for this vocation, I am ready to pay the price even if it means laying down my life for You. Amen.




12. Therefore I intend to keep on reminding you of these things, though you know them already and are established in the truth that has come to you. 13. I think right, as long as I am in this body, to refresh your memory, 14. since I know that my death will come soon, as indeed our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15. And I will make every effort so that after my departure you may be able  at any time to recall these things.


(The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verses 12 to 15)


Oh God, my Father I thank You for leaving us the Bible which is an all time reference point for us during both the night and the day. I thank You for this availability for I am aware that I constantly need to refresh my memory and experience a great boost in spirit every time I meditate on the Bible. Amen.



 16. For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we had been eyewitnesses of his majesty.


(The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verse 16)


Oh God my Father, I greatly thank You for my not putting my trust or belief in theories such as the theory if evolution which was cleverly fashioned by means of Charles Darwin in a fit of rage, after the death of his daughter which he could not accept. Of all the children in the world, Darwin did not accept that You oh God would permit his daughter to die! Therefore in a fit of fury and anger and hurt, he designed to hit back at You by attempting to dethrone You as Master creator and place the focus of creation on the concept of evolution which has convinced many and is even being taught in schools. Glory be to You my God. Amen.



17. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when that voice was conveyed to him by the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, my Beloved, with whom I am well pleased." 18. We ourselves heard this voice come from heaven, while we were with him on the holy mountain.



(The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verses 17 to 18)



Oh God my Father prayers and songs of praise give You worship, however, complaints and a negative attitude are, totally unhealthy, moreover unhealthy words such as cursing and swearing or making false oaths in Your name is also dishonourable. Therefore I pray that as Your Father had words of praise for You, we are also to lift up our hearts to You in praise and worship Amen.



19. So we have the prophetic message more fully confirmed. You will do well to be attentive to this as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20. First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation because no prophecy ever came by human will, but men and women moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.



(The Second letter of St. Peter Chapter 1 verses 19  to 20)



Oh God, my Father may Your light shine through us so much that others make an experience of You through us. May You use us as prophets in situations where You choose to send us, and may You give us the message that fits the circumstances in every situation. May You speak through us because there is nobody better than You who can speak the right words because You know our hearts, wishes and thinking even more than we know ourselves. Amen.


Oh God I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer:-


Oh God my Father, I pray for the gift of self-control for in this I still am lacking. I pray that you give me control over my feelings so that I will remain calm in during moments of testing and not loose my temper. I pray for Your peace, Your positive attitude. Moreover I pray to be gradually transformed into the person that You wish me to be Amen.










No comments:

Post a Comment