Translate

Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3


The Second Letter of St. Peter



 Chapter 3



¹ This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you; in them I am trying to arouse your sincere intention by reminding you ² that you should remember the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets, and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken through your apostles.



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verses 1 to 2)



Oh God my Father many times we are stuck in the past and can never focus on the here and now. The present which is a gift from You is now, however, we cannot disregard the past, for from the lessons of the past we can learn to live a better present and future. This is why we are to value the books of the Old Testament as much as those of the New Testament, for in order to understand the teachings of Your Son in the New Testament one needs to be familiar to what took place in the Old Testament.  I thank You for the opportunity to reflect and pray on the books of both Testaments Amen.




³ First of all you must understand this, that in the last days scoffers will come. scoffing and indulging their own lusts  ⁴ and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our ancestors died, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation!"


(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verses 3 to 4)



Oh God, my Father, I believe that we are already living such times. Many are living a life that is alienated from You my, God and Father. I pray for my own self and for my family for we are all at risk of being alienated by computer games that alienate us from investing more time in our spiritual welfare. I pray for Your mercy my God and Father.



⁵ They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago and an earth was formed out of water and by means of water, ⁶ through which the world of that time was deluged with water and perished.



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verses 5 to 6) 




Oh God my Father, as in the verses, some of us tend to put aside the fact, that You are the Sole creator of the world, the galaxies and all that exists, and that without You none can ever exist or function. Driven by a strong motivation and drive to be a success and to live one's routine of daily life, one puts aside the fact until it hits the person, that there will be a time to leave this earth and come face to face with You my God and Father. Amen. 
 


⁷ But by the same word the present heavens and earth have been reserved for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the godless.



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verse 7) 



Oh God my beloved Father, Your Word can be a means of creation and on the other hand a means of destruction. Both are in Your capacity when the time comes, Amen.




⁸ But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day. 



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verse 8)




Oh God my Father, You are not limited by time. In fact You have absolute control over it. We may criticise You for taking Your time, when things do not go according to our plans, and when our prayers become the same prayers for this and that without being answered as we may humanly reason, but on the other hand, You are always active and in one second can change our lives to a better one, if this is according to His will. 



⁹ The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance. 



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verse 9) 




Oh God my beloved Father, I plead for Your forgiveness for many times, I have accused You as being slow to act or intervene in my life, especially during critical  moments when I was impatiently waiting for an answer from You. As You know I am a person who tends to rush in my decisions, especially when I feel sure that I am correct in my decision making process. However I thank You for not always responding instantly, for at times I am also half-hearted and not fully convinced of other decisions and if I would intervene I would cause more harm than good. I pray for the gift of perseverance that only Your Holy Spirit can give Amen. 



¹⁰ But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and everything that is done on it will be disclosed. 



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verse 10)



Oh God my Father, the day will come when the masterof lies and all his actions will be revealed to the world. Even my good and negative deeds will be exposed, and I will experience the satisfaction of the good deeds that I did with Your help, and also the shameful things I did in my name. Amen. I pray that this day will come even though my weaknesses for ther there is nothing that can be hidden from You Amen.



¹¹ Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, what sort of persons ought you to be in leading lives of holiness and godliness, ¹² waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set ablaze and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire? ¹³ But, in accordance with his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness is at home. 



(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verse 11 to 13)



Oh God my beloved Father I place my trust in You that all that You proclaimed in the Bible will in truth take place. Therefore we are not to invest in the material world, that will come to an end but in the kingdom of heaven Amen. I believe oh God my Father that You have all under Your control. What we theorize about global warming is a fact that has to take place, if the ice caps of the North Pole are melting this is nothing new, for the elements will melt. Apparently the heavens and galaxies and all the planets will be consumed by the flaming Sun, and then You will renew everything again according to Your righteousness. It all makes sense. Some may question the fatal issue, and what shall we do to be saved! Believe in the Lord our God our Father Amen.




¹⁴ Therefore, beloved, while you are waiting for these things, strive to be found by him at peace, without spot or blemish; ¹⁵ and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, ¹⁶ speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures. ¹⁷ You therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, beware that you are not carried away with the error of the lawless and lose your own stability. ¹⁸ But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. 
 
 

(The Second Letter of St. Peter Chapter 3 verse 14 to 18)




As You said oh God my Father, while in waiting for all these signs and events to take place we are not to be passive or in despair. For there is still much to be done. We are start acting and thinking according to the way Jesus Son of God our Father, would think and behave likewise, love our enemies, forgive those who trespass against us. Spread the Good News of the Kingdom the teachings of the Bible, become witnesses of all that Jesus has done for us. Start focussing more on the kingdom of heaven than on that of the earth, for what is of the earth will dissolve into nothingness by fire, but what is of God will remain forever Amen.  



Oh God my beloved Father, I would like to end this third chapter of the second letter of St. Peter with the following prayer:-



Oh God my beloved Father, let me not be alienated by the ways of the world, politics media, and others forms of ways and sources that keep me at a distance from You. Please help me to interpret the signs of the times according to Your holy will and not according to the scientific theory alone. I firmly hold that You are in control of all that happens on earth, and that nothing happens without Your knowledge. I thank You God my Father even for those situations that I do not understand why they are happening. You have all the answers and in time will make them known to me if it is according to Your will Amen.   



In order to continue this meditation and move on to the Letter of St. Paul to Jude I invite you to click on the link below.


The Letter of St. Paul to Jude  





 


No comments:

Post a Comment